Thursday 22 April 2010

And Dare I Say It? More Plants!

So I�m still, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and obviously overloaded with energy, as I continue to tackle the home�s landscaping. This will probably go on for several weeks until the garden is complete or I collapse from exhaustion. Let�s hope the former happens first.

Anyway.

I�ve picked up a few more plants (was there any doubt that I would) from a Canadian Tire near my home. (For those of you that don�t know, Canadian Tire is one of Canada�s largest publicly traded companies with over 1,000 stores and gas bars across the country. Offering Canadians the convenience of three stores under one roof (automotive, sports and leisure, and home products), this is one of the most popular chain of stores in the �Great White North�.)


Okay, what plants are in the photo above?

First, there�s the Leucanthemum �Snowcap�, a compact plant that produces masses of white flowers with yellow centers. I picked up only one of these:


Then there�s Helenium �Rotgold�; a large plant with daisy-like flowers in assorted yellows, oranges and reds (my favourite flower colours!). I got a pair of these:


And Lychnis chalcedonica, a rugged and easy perennial with bright, green leaves and tall stems that bear large clusters of deep scarlet flowers. I picked up two:


All of the above were planted in the back of the new flower bed:


As you can see, this area is coming along but still in need of more plants. Poor me, huh? I have to continue to play in the dirt. Oh, the sacrifices I have to make...

0 comments:

Post a Comment