Tuesday 6 April 2010

Shrimp On The Grill

I didn�t discover shellfish until my late teens (while on a date) because it wasn�t a food that my mother served at home. Ever. When I finally tried it, all I could think was �I can�t believe I took so long to discover this�

One of my favourite shellfish is shrimp, which isn�t something I serve regularly to the family because it can be quite expensive. But when a really good sale pops up (the price is reduced 40 � 50 percent), I rush out to pick some up.

There is no end to how many ways you can prepare shrimp, and today I�m going to share one of my favourite styles: on the grill. My brother actually shared the recipe below with me; in turn I will share it with you. I don�t know where he found the recipe, so I�m unable to give credit where it�s due.

Anyway.

SHRIMP ON THE GRILL

1 � 2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (I buy cooked, and I leave the shells on)
4 tbsp soy sauce
Juice of 2 lemons
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp olive oil (I use canola)
� teaspoon red pepper flakes
� teaspoon salt

If you�re using wooden skewers, soak them in warm water for at least 20 minutes to prevent them from burning.


Thread shrimp onto wooden skewers and place them in a large, plastic bag (for food) or a plastic container with a cover. Combine all the ingredients and pour them into the bag with the shrimp. Marinate for 2 hours minimum in fridge (I find that it�s best to marinate longer; for at least 6 hours).


Preheat the grill to medium and cook for a couple of minutes on each side until the shrimp is pink.


Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment