Saturday 17 April 2010

You Can Never Have Too Many Areas To Plant In

Hubby and I spent last weekend carving out a new planting area, which will consist mostly of plants that will invite hummingbirds and butterflies. Or at least, that�s the reason I gave when I announced to my husband �I want to dig out some grass in the middle of the yard to make a new area to plant flowers in�. And when he raised his eyebrows with a look of fear in his eyes (�Groan...I just know she�s going to include me in this project�), I added: �I�d like to build a butterfly and hummingbird type garden. Wouldn�t that be nice to look at while we�re all having supper?� Of course, it would.

And so we went to work...

We started by carving out the spot and digging up the soil:

(Notice the robin in the top right corner? He was hoping we�d dig up some worms for him.)

When we looked at the area from the kitchen window, we realized that is was crooked, so the next day we worked with a measuring tape:


Once we finished carving out the area, we added a border:


And all the while, Mr. Robin was hanging around:


You�d think I didn�t have enough areas around the home that are in need of greenery when I went ahead and carved up this one.

Hmmm...now, where else can I carve out a flower bed? (Yes, that�s my husband you hear groaning...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment