Monday 3 May 2010

New Plants...Again...

It�s that time, folks, when I get to write about my recent obsession: the addition of new baby (mostly) perennials to my garden that I�m trying to build this year. Sometime later on, perhaps in late summer or so, I will share some before and after shots of our home�s planting areas. You�ll be surprised at home much everything has changed since we moved here.

Anyway, the plants...

1) Sedum kamtschaticum �Variegatum�


This low-growing perennial has glossy green foliage that is edged with a creamy-white shade. It will be in bloom from June to August with bright, yellow flowers. I picked up two of these cuties and placed them in the new flower bed in the back.


2) Aubrieta �Royal Blue�


I thought the flowers of this delicate perennial were very pretty, so I decided to give it a try. As you�ve surely noticed, the plant tag does not properly reflect the pretty blue blooms; in the tag�s photo, the flowers are pink. Anyway, I picked up a couple of these and added them to the new area.


3) Pulsatilla vulgaris


How can I resist this adorable plant that will produce purple urn-shaped flowers? I couldn�t, so I bought two and planted them out back.


4) Limonium dumosum 'Purple'


This is another plant with purple flowers that will bloom in the summer. Lately, I�ve been drawn to the colour purple for some reason.

I brought home two of these and added them to my new flower bed.



Now, let�s see where that new area is at.




It�s filling up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment