Thursday 13 May 2010

Some Cool Perennials

There�s still a lot of work to be done in the garden, but I�m much farther ahead than I was just a few short weeks ago. It amazes how much has been done in a relatively short period of time.

So there�s that.

But let�s get to the fun part, which is the addition of new plants. Below are a couple of very pretty plants that I picked up recently for the front and side of the house.

1) Dicentra spectabilis



I already have one of these planted under my kitchen window (my friend Joy gave it to me) but I decided to pick up another one for the front of the house. Dicentra spectabilis is hardy and easy to grow, not to mention attractive, so I couldn�t resist.


2) Convallaria majalis


Commonly known as Lily-of-the-Valley, I finally got a chance to plant the package of these I bought way back in March in front of the house. There�s nothing to see since they haven�t sprouted yet so I don�t have any photos of them in the ground. Coming soon...

These are the latest additions to the front of the house, which now looks like this:


Slowly but surely...

0 comments:

Post a Comment