Wednesday 16 March 2011

Coreopsis Grandiflora �Sunfire�

Last summer it was all about creating flower beds to plant perennials, rose bushes, fruit bushes, etc, in. And although it was a lot of work, some of it very tiring, it was also a lot of fun. I visited many greenhouses, repeatedly, bought a lot of interesting plants for the garden (some of them old-time favourites) and got to play in the dirt almost every day of the week.

I also had the opportunity to discover and experience plants I�d never grown before, like the one below, Coreopsis grandiflora �Sunfire�, which turned out to be one of the best additions to my garden.

It started off as an itsy bitsy little thing...


...that grew...


...and grew...

I credit my garden gnome for doing a great job with this plant.

...into a lovely specimen...



...that bloomed throughout the entire summer.


I really look forward to this perennial returning in the spring with its pretty flowers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment