Wednesday 18 May 2011

Brunnera macrophylla �Jack Frost�

I first discovered �Jack Frost� in my friend Joy�s garden in the summer of 2009, the year we moved to Kingston, Ontario. And from the moment I laid eyes on it, I knew I had to add this to my own garden. And I did, last spring. I ran across a batch of these lovely plants at Home Depot and treated myself to two. They were quite small at the time, and even when the gardening season ended, they hadn�t grown all that much. It was only their first season, so I didn�t expect anything different.

But this year...oh my... Not only are they growing like weeds, which has me convinced that they will be much larger, they are also producing the prettiest bright blue flowers I�ve ever seen. And what�s most impressive is just how blue they truly are; the closest I�ve ever seen any flower get to the colour blue.










Isn�t this plant just awesome?

Even without flowers, Brunnera macrophylla �Jack Frost� is a stunning plant with its heart-shaped, delicately veined leaves. It�s a very easy to grow perennial, and a perfect choice for those shady areas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment