Thursday 5 May 2011

Tune Time - Funkytown

This is a 1980 disco hit by the band Lipps Inc.that my friends and I enjoyed in our teen years. The song reached No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and Dance charts in 1980. It also reached number 1 in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Norway, Australia and The Netherlands. It reached No. 2 in the UK, Sweden and on the U.S. R&B chart.

I still listen to this song now and then, and was pleasantly surprised to hear my daughter (who plays the saxophone) and the school band she was part of perform it a few years ago during a high school music concert. The music teacher she had at the time is around my age, so that explains how this old tune ended up on the list of songs to be performed. I was happy it did; it brought back so many memories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment