Tuesday 12 April 2016

You Asked, I Answer (Secret Wishes, Ah-ha! Moments, Eras I'm Drawn To)

Another round of answers to your questions on this year's �Ask Me Anything� post.

Away we go...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baili asked:
What is your most wanted thing in the world, any secret wish?

Aside from the obvious, which is for the people I love to always be healthy and happy, and how thrilled I�ll be if I ever have grandchildren, there is nothing more that I�d like than to be able to travel and see as much of this world as I can before I die. Nothing. I don�t care about big houses or flashy cars or expensive jewellery or a fancy wardrobe or showy furniture or the latest trends or anything like that there. Just give me some airline/train/bus tickets, a place to sleep, a suitcase, a camera and set me free. With the most amazing man in the world by my side. Because he is a wonderful travel companion. Plus, he doesn�t mind carrying some of my photography equipment... *snort*


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim asked:
What 'ah-ha' moment that you have experienced stands out the most for you?

Well, Jim, since you�re one of my blogging friends that knows the story of my first marriage, which was an absolute disaster, you will understand when say that when I finally saw - with absolute clarity � the mind games, emotional blackmail, psychological torment and emotional abuse I�d lived for years during that period (written about here), I can honestly say it was one of the biggest �ah-ha� moments of my life! And that moment led to my emotional and mental liberation, which placed me on a healing and empowering path that eventually led to meeting the most amazing man in the world. The rest as they say is history...


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toni asked:
My question is, have you ever had a past life regression or do you have any feelings about what age or time you might have lived in, in the past? Is there a place or time you are drawn to?

I have experienced some incredible things in my life but it would take several posts to describe them. For today, I�ll keep it short and simple, so my blogging pals don�t zone out.

For whatever reason, I am drawn to the medieval period. Not only am I fascinated by it, but it stirs powerful emotions in me that I can�t explain or even understand. In addition to the emotional stirrings, I�ve had the most mind-boggling dreams on and off throughout my life about that time. The dreams are always crystal clear with vivid details and remarkable experiences that seem so real it takes me awhile to detach myself from them when I wake up and feel like I�m in the present.

But that�s not all...

Even though the medieval period has a strong pull, the biggest draw is to the future. How far? I don�t know. 500 years, 1,000, 10,000...I�m not sure. There have been more moments than I can count where this world seems so primitive on so many levels. There have been more moments than I can count where I feel that if I jumped hundreds or thousands of years ahead, I�d fit better. Do I feel misplaced because I�m too sensitive and empathetic to the problems of this lifetime? Does it come from my desire for a more peaceful, more unified planet, and my hope (and slight conviction) that many generations from now we might be a more evolved species? Finally get it right? Stop acting like we're still dragging our knuckles on the ground? Perhaps. But these feelings are extraordinary, nonetheless, and since I'm always open to possibilities I think about this sometimes.

Having said all that, if I was given a choice, I�d jump thousands of years ahead and see what�s going on! Now, if only time travel had been invented by now�


And that�s all for this week! I'm down to the last few questions, so if you haven't seen yours yet, it'll be coming up very soon. Also, head over to the original post to check and see  if your question has already been answered in a previous Q&A.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a good one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment