Thursday 26 May 2016

Question Of The Day


This used to be so easy to answer before one of my brothers died. When asked, I'd simply say "Yes, I have two older brothers." And that was the end of it. But after I lost the younger of the two, it became quite awkward. Still is.

My answer now depends on the situation. Sometimes, I may simply say that I have two older brothers and not mention that one died. Or I might answer that I have one older sibling and leave it at that. Because mentioning death brings out uncomfortable silence or questions that I don't feel like answering. Other times I'll just tell someone "I had two older brothers; one of them died a few years ago" or "There used to be three of us but one died awhile back" and let the chips fall where they may.

How about you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment