Wednesday 18 May 2016

Question Of The Day


An old friend of mine used to go to psychic readings regularly and swore up and down that these visits were bang on every time. So, out of curiosity and because I thought it would be fun and because I'm game to experience new things as long as they're not very risky or illegal, I decided to give it a try. I booked an appointment with the woman she went to for these readings, a no-nonsense elderly lady that read palms and cards. And I kept an open mind.


While I was there, I volunteered nothing (as far as I'm concerned), and she didn't ask any questions or push me to contribute to what she was saying. She was perfectly happy doing her thing while I sat quietly as she talked and talked, telling me a whole bunch of things about my past and present. And everything was accurate and true. Then she spoke about the future, which I'd find out as the years went by, happened pretty much as she said.


Before I left that day, she told me that I had a strong aura and an old(ish) soul (there were things I still needed to learn, perhaps in this lifetime) and the ability to "see". "This is a special thing" she said that I should "embrace and develop". And right as I was heading out the door, she called out "wait a minute!" and ran into a room in her home. A minute she returned with some books that she handed to me about palm reading and souls and auras and chakras and stuff like that there. I was startled and told her I couldn't take them, but she insisted "I want you to have these. They will help you open yourself up to these abilities."

This was almost twenty years ago and I've never done anything like it since. And I've had no interest to. But it's an experience I'll never forget.

How about you? Have you ever done something like this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment