Thursday 7 July 2016

You're Probably Around My Age If...

...you know who this character is:



Yup, that's Alfred E. Neuman; the fictitious mascot and cover boy of the American humour magazine, MAD, which was founded in 1952. My two brothers and I, along with many friends, were huge fans back in the 70s when I was much, MUCH, oh so much younger.



I would read it from cover to cover because it was that good. But one of my absolute favourite series in the magazine was 'The Shadow Knows', cartoons that would depict people in a normal setting while the shadows on the wall showed what they really wanted to do. Here's an example:


This satirical publication was the best. And a major contributor to my wacky sense of humour and hugely slightly warped mind!

How about you? Do you know this magazine? Did you ever read it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment