Friday 28 October 2016

Another Week

This week zipped right by. It sure was a busy one. My younger daughter arrived Monday evening and stayed with us until last night. She has this week off from school and she was able to get a few days off from work. As soon as she confirmed that she was coming for sure, I did what I always do: I planned a whole day of cooking and baking. All that culinary madness took place on Monday. By the time we picked her up from the bus station at 8 PM that night, the fridge was full of lunches and dinners and desserts, and I had a meal to be placed in the slow cooker the next morning marinating in the fridge. I even packed a container full of white chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin muffins and lemon bread for my daughter to take back with her. All homemade goodies with healthy ingredients.

I don�t worry too much about her when it comes to nutrition because has good eating habits. She knows how to cook and bake, and she enjoys wholesome foods. Despite being busy with school, a job and a very active social life, she eats healthy. I love that she does this. With busy and hectic schedules, and a huge selection of processed foods available, it�s easy to eat badly. It�s frightening how many �food-like� products are on supermarket shelves with very little � if any � nutritional value in them. When we eat that stuff, we are starving our bodies.

Moving on from lecturing...

We got to spend time together and catch up, which was wonderful. I enjoy listening to her voice her opinion on things and I always love hearing about her news. She is so grownup and yet whenever I look at her, I still see the baby I cuddled, the energetic toddler I chased after and the young child I put on the school bus. All that came and went and POOF suddenly she�s in high school. And that came and went and POOF she's off to university. POOF again and she�s moved to another city with her own apartment, attending the second year in university and holding down a part time job.
What??? When did this all happen? She�s the baby of the family. My older daughter already put me through this a few years ago and I was hoping the younger one would slow down a little. But the clock keeps ticking and time keeps rolling along, pushing us all foward.

Can you think of a song with the word time in it? The first one that comes to mind for me is Cyndi Lauper�s �Time After Time�, which was released in 1984. Coincidentally, I was my daughter�s age that year, only 19.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment