Friday 14 October 2016

Friday Again

It's Friday again and here we are at the start of another weekend? Where did the week go? What's been keeping you busy? I've been - surprise! - painting. I'm working on an old bookcase right now, which has been around since the beginning of time. Well that's not true. It's actually been around since my kids were very young. And so was I. When I'm finished with it, it'll look so much more...I don't know...youthful. If only a simple thing like paint could turn back the clock for us, as well. A light sanding, a bit of primer, a couple of coats of a bright colour and - voil� - 20 years younger.


These painting projects are fun (minus the cleanup and preparation) and I've been tackling one at a time from my list of "old furniture that needs a new lease on life". To date I've completed two nightstands, a console table and a rocking chair. I've got three pieces to go, including the one I'm working on now, and then I'm going to walk around the house and see what else I can freshen up with paint. Or what else I can do. I've been visiting a lot of crafting blogs/sites and painting blogs/sites and renovation blogs/sites lately to learn as much as I can. There is no end to the amount of projects one can do when you head down this road. Trips to the hardware store are always a joy and I've even run out between coats of paint because "there's something I need for this job!". Yesterday it dawned on me that I'm becoming one of 'those' people. The DIY people. My dad would be proud, of course, since he was a cabinet maker and such a handyman in just about every type of renovation job. With the exception of electrical work. He never touched that.

Anyhow, that's what's going on with me lately. It's enjoyable and I've been singing while I've been working. Literally. Because there's always music playing. Like this song that has me dancing around my workspace with the paintbrush used as a microphone.



What's up with you? I'll wish you all a wonderful weekend while you answer that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment