Tuesday 8 November 2016

Question Of The Day



During my teen years, I collected matchbooks. Do you (more mature friends) remember those? They were everywhere back then since so many people smoked. I must have had almost a hundred, some of them really cool looking, that I kept in a box in my room. At some point I got it into my head that they could light up, start a fire and burn the house down. I'm not sure how this thought developed but once it did, there was no shaking it. I got rid of the matchbooks.

I figured I'd try something 'safer' after that, so I collected business cards for awhile. But it was an on-again/off-again thing that didn't really stick. Even though some business cards were really nice, they didn't hold my interest as much.

Fast forward many years later and I began my shot glass collection, which is still going on. I only pick up shot glasses from new destinations. Whenever I travel somewhere I've never been before, I bring home a shot glass with the name of the area on it if I can find one. My family is aware of this obsession fascination and when they travel they are kind enough to bring me back a shot glass. You gotta love that.

What about you? Do you collect anything?

0 comments:

Post a Comment