Friday 4 November 2016

This and That

So how has your week been? And what�s new on your end? Have you seen any decent movies or read any good books or had any tasty meals or been to interesting places? Do share below.

We are enjoying some very mild weather. Some plants are still in bloom and the deciduous trees haven�t lost all their leaves yet. There�s even been grass mowing going on throughout the neighbourhood. It is quite remarkable. Of course this will all come to an end at some point because this is Canada and there�s no escaping the snow and the cold that will inevitably arrive.

This week I crossed paths with quite a few impatient and aggressive drivers, which is a little unusual for this area. Most people here are very courteous on the road, which is something that I enjoy tremendously since we moved here from the big city of Montreal where obnoxious and aggressive and discourteous driving is an every day occurrence. It�s something that I was very happy to leave behind. I wrote about it here: Small City Driving


I�ve noticed that I have new followers to my blog and that�s always a wonderful thing. What isn�t wonderful is that I can�t see who they are and/or if they have blogs. Once upon at time you could click on the profile photo on the list and see a link to that person�s blog. Now, not only can�t you see that link but sometimes you don�t even see a profile photo. You just see the number of followers going up with no further information. What�s up with that? I don�t know. If you are new to this blog, I invite you to leave a comment if you haven�t yet, so I can �meet� you and visit your blog if you have one. Come on, don�t be shy. We�re all friendly here.

On Monday, I used my slow cooker for the second time and I have to say that I am in love with it. What took me so long to get one? I�ve no idea. But it�s here and it�s great. This week�s recipe was a delicious potato soup found here. I made a big batch to freeze portions for another day. Oh, and speaking of delicious stuff, I also made Jenn�s apple pie, which she kindly shared the recipe for here. OHMYGOODNESS...so delicous! (Thank you, Jenn!) Have you met her yet? Go here to visit her wonderful blog. She�s such a cool blogging pal. Go.

I discovered another song recently that I�ve played about a bazillion times so far, give or time a few gazillion. That�s how it goes with me. I stumble across a new song that is really catchy and play it over and over and over and over again. I�m sharing it with you below. It's called "Story of My Life" and it's by the English-Irish pop band One Direction. My younger daughter has a friend who resembles one of the band's members, Harry Styles, so much so that I sent her a text message one day that said "Is it just me or does (friend's name) look a little bit like Harry Styles from the band One Direction?" She answered "yeah, he gets that a lot". It seems I'm not the only one that thinks so.

Anyhow, here's the song. And a happy weekend to all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment