Monday 23 November 2009

How Is The Amaryllis Plant Doing?

My recently-purchased amaryllis is doing just fine, thank you for asking. In its primo spot in my brightly-lit kitchen, it�s growing like a weed. My only concern is that it�s growing too quickly and that the flower display (much too short if you ask me) will end before the holidays arrive. And although I was hoping that the blooms would open close to Christmas or the New Year, the amaryllis has a mind of its own. It does not respond to threats, pleas or bribery (yes, I�ve tried). It will bloom when it feels like it, like it or lump it. So [sigh] I�m going to get flowers whenever it wants to give them to me.

This is where my plant is at right now:



Me: �I�ll clean your leaves regularly and give you extra fertilizer in the spring, my dear amaryllis, if you promise to bloom near Christmas�

Amaryllis: �Trying to bribe me, lady? I can�t be bought. Try the Paperwhite Narcissus bulbs; they�re pretty self-absorbed and can be bought.�

[pause]

Me: "AHHHH! A talking amaryllis..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment