Sunday 14 March 2010

More Goodies For My Feathery Visitors

Well, it�s obvious that leaving my home these days and going beyond the borders of our property while carrying concealed weapons such as debit or credit cards has become financially hazardous. Okay, that�s a slight exaggeration. The truth in the matter is that I couldn�t leave the items below behind because they were all selling at super prices.

Take for example this bird feeder:


At only $6.49, how could I possibly walk away from it?

And the collection of suet?



The regular price for each one is minimum $2.00. They were on sale for a buck a piece. Way cool! So I bought 10 packs.







Pretty cool, eh?

Now I know there are oodles of recipes for suet scattered all over the internet and that I don�t need to go out and buy any since it�s so easy to make, but because the price was right, I didn�t mind picking up a few ready-to-hang packs.

In any case, last year the best thing in my backyard was all the feathery activity; the songs, the antics, and everything else in between. I look forward to all that again this year. And if bribing them with goodies gets the birds to drop by daily and stay awhile, then it�s worth every dollar spent. Because a yard filled with feathered life is a yard filled with wonder.

0 comments:

Post a Comment