Thursday 25 March 2010

Nacho The Cat Goes To The Vet

"Hey, Nacho, wake up. WAKE UP! NAAAACHO! WAKE UP!"


"Come on, Nacho. You have to get up. It�s time to go to the vet�s office."


Oh. Um... A vet�s office is a place that...um...treats...er...caters...to animals...er cats.


"Well, cats are..." [long enough pause to cause suspicion] "...treated..." [cough to detract attention from suspiciously long pause] "...well...at this place. Yeah, that�s right; they�re treated well at this place. You�ll find it quite...er..." [sweat accumulating on forehead] "...interesting there."


"Oh, no no no... The ferrets are definitely not going because this is...er...your special day, Nacho. This trip to the vet�s office is just for you."


"I promise, Nacho. No ferrets. Today is all about you. Only you. Now, in order for me to be able to get you there, you have to get inside here."



�A cage?" [nervous laugh] "This is not a cage. This is...um...a limousine. A fine kitty like you should travel in luxury, don�t you think?"



[cough, cough] �That�s just put there so that other...um...lesser fortunate kitties don�t feel bad. You don�t want to be snooty about your good fortune, do you?�


�You know, Nacho, this is getting too complicated. Maybe I should just take Clair instead and let her be...er...treated...um...pampered.�

[
�Alright, then get in so we can get going.�


�That�s because it�s a limo for just one special kitty. You.�



(Phew...looks like I convinced Nacho to go to the vet�s office. Incidentally, Nacho is going in today to get fixed. I was under the impression that I had to wait for my 5 � month old kitten to go into heat before I could take her in to the vet�s office. But Tatiana, one of my favourite bloggers, kindly reminded me that I didn�t have to wait for puberty to hit; anywhere between 4 � 6 months is a good age to have your pet spayed or neutered. So I phoned the vet�s office and made an appointment for Nacho. And Tatiana was right on the ball. The receptionist told me that they recommend that pets get fixed �before they go into heat�. Cool.)


"Shhh...shhh...shhh� Quiet, you two. She�ll hear you. How�d you get into this post, anyway?"


"Don�t I know it."


"Um...no. Not very much. Sorry, Nacho..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment