Wednesday 21 April 2010

And still more Plants

The past few days have been dedicated to plant purchases and planting the plants I�ve purchased. Can you say that five times? Plant purchases and planting the plants I�ve purchased...

So.

Like I wrote previously, the weather has been glorious the past few days, so I�ve taken advantage and worked on my garden. And one of the joys I�ve experienced is plant shopping. I can�t begin to explain how exhilarated I feel whenever I walk into a greenhouse. I mean, it�s not like I�ve never done this before; I�ve been hanging around greenhouses for years for the houseplants, after all. But up until now, I was just an observer of the outdoor gardening world; not a participant.

Well, things have changed, my dear friends, and now I�m able to join in on the fun.

And this post is all about four beautiful perennials that I picked up from Wal-Mart a couple of days ago.

Shall we?

Let�s.

First, there�s Lobelia fulgens �Queen Victoria�, a pretty plant with deep maroon foliage and scarlet blossoms. Can't wait to see it in bloom! I bought two and added them both in front of the house, on the side of our walkway.



In the same spot, I added Digitalis �Foxy� that I picked up on the same shopping spree; I purchased three of them.



The plants are growing right behind the daffodils and tulips, and once the bulbs are done flowering, the perennials will take center stage:


Then there is Gaillardia 'Burgundy', of which I bought two. This is a cold hardy, easy to grow perennial that adds pizzazz to the garden with its rich, wine-red flowers. I�m looking forward to seeing this one in bloom. I added both purchases to the new flower bed in the back:



And the Cerastium alpinum subsp. Lanatum �Snow Over the Alps�, also of which I bought two. This is a small plant that produces tiny, bright white flowers and grows between 2- 4�. I bought it mostly out of curiosity because it's so cute; we�ll see how it turns out. Both cerastiums were also added to the new flower bed in the back of the house:



So there you have it. An assortment of lovely perennials that hopefully will thrive in my garden.

Is that it?

Nope. There are a few more plants, but I�ll get to the rest tomorrow. And the next day. And the day after that. And so on...and so on...

0 comments:

Post a Comment