Wednesday 21 April 2010

Plants, Plants...And More Plants!

The weather has been glorious lately, and because of that, I�ve been zooming around each morning from one garden centre to another to see if there�s anything interesting that I can take home to add to my flower beds.

Well.

Considering I have oodles of empty space in need of greenery, and it�s been over ten years since I was able to garden, just about everything at the stores is interesting. Despite my enthusiasm, I am trying not to go overboard, but it�s hard, I tell you, very hard. I want to bring everything home with me!

Anyway.

I have purchased quite a few plants in the past few days that I�ve added to my garden, and I will create blog posts about these new arrivals and post pictures of them. But not all together. I will break down my gardening work into different posts to keep them all short and sweet.

I�m going to start with Dianthus 'Raspberry', which I added to the flower bed that was carved out recently.



I�ve placed Chuckles the gnome nearby to keep an eye on things when I�m not around (looks like he means business):


I also picked up four Dianthus 'Violet' plants that I placed in front of the flower bed under the kitchen window. They should add a nice splash of colour to this area:



Next, we have Coreopsis grandiflora �Sunfire� that will produce golden-yellow flowers with burgundy centers from June to October (Can�t wait!). These were also added to the new flower bed (I picked up 2 of these):



And last, but far from being least, I added two Liliums to the same area (Lilium �Pixie� (orange) to be exact). I love orange flowers and I love liliums, so when I saw orange liliums for sale at Home Depot, you can imagine the heart palpitations I was experiencing. There was no way I was going to leave that store and not bring any home:



This one is planted next to my little frogs:


And that�s that...

So this is what the new section looks like so far:


I still have a long way to go before it�s filled with plants. And that�s the exciting part � that I have room for many, many more plants!

Garden centres, here I come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment