Saturday 24 April 2010

Got Me Some Fruit Bushes

Well, I wouldn�t necessarily call them fruit bushes quite yet. They�re more like twigs. But it�s a start.

I picked up three different types � blueberry, raspberry and blackberry � and I have to confess to you all that I have absolutely no idea what I�m doing. Not only have I never grown any type of fruit before, I haven�t taken the time to educate myself completely on what�s involved. Yes, yes, I�m botanically irresponsible.

[shrug]

The other thing is that in my rush to place the �twigs� as quickly as possible into a bucket of water so their roots wouldn�t dry out until they were planted (it was a very warm, summer day, you know), I didn�t pay attention to what fruit �twig� is which when I unwrapped each one and dunked it in the water. This means I have no idea what�s what.



Can anyone tell from the photos what each one is? I believe that the thickest twig is the raspberry, but I�m not entirely certain.

In any case, we�ll have to see what happens as everything grows. What the heck, it�ll be a surprise! Won�t that be fun?

0 comments:

Post a Comment