Wednesday 5 May 2010

And Still More New Perennials. Will It Ever Stop?

I�m back with more new perennials. I know you�re all tired of it, but I need to add these new plants to my blog, so I can log the progression of the garden. In the future, I�ll be able to search through my posts and see what I added to the flower beds � and when. You don�t need to suffer through these posts; click away if you must!

But, if you want to stick around, here�s what�s new:

1) Armeria maritime �Rosea�


Bearing grass-like leaves, this tuft-forming perennial will produce bell-shaped clusters of clear-pink flowers in spring or summer. Two of these have been added to the new area, which I�m beginning to realize is my experimental section; a section of my garden where I am planting a variety of different perennials to try out.


2) Lilium x �Red/White Pixie�


I love lilies, especially unique and unusual ones, like this one. It�s a short-stemmed and compact lily that will grace my garden with red and white blooms in the summer. I am really looking forward to seeing this plant in bloom. I picked up two of these lovely lilies and added them to the new area.


3) Liatris spicata


The tag of this plant promises me mauve flowers on upright spikes that will �add vertical interest to the garden�. So I thought �Why not give it a try...� I purchased one and placed it in my new flower bed.


4) Rudbeckia �Goldsturm�


I�m a sucker for yellow flowers, especially where the word �coneflower� is involved (this plant is commonly-known as Goldsturm Coneflower). I brought home two of these to put in the new area.


5) Aster alpinus �Dark Beauty�


Just like I�m a sucker for yellow flowers, I�m also a sucker for daisy-like ones. The flowers on this lovely plant will bloom in late spring to early summer, and they�ll be lavender with yellow centers. Very cool. Two of them are tucked into the new area.


Those are all the latest additions to the garden. Now let�s wrap up with some photos showing where that new planting area is at.





Amazing as it is, there�s still room for more plants!

0 comments:

Post a Comment