Monday 17 May 2010

Everything In Moderation

I don�t know about any of you, but I�m tired of all the �latest� studies we�re constantly bombarded with telling us what we should be eating or drinking to clear up acne or prevent cancer or increase metabolism or decrease the chance of getting diabetes or slow down the process of aging or grow taller or lose weight faster...and on and on and on...


It seems that every week some breakthrough information pops up somewhere that will revolutionize some aspect of our lives. Some study is revealed that is guaranteed to help us live healthier, happier lives. And people swarm to it like bees to honey. I stopped paying attention to this bombardment of information years ago. I don�t want to know anymore.

Why?

Because I believe in moderation. And I will not deprive myself of any �forbidden� food simply because the latest study tries to scare me away from it; the same study that will be revised years from now telling me that new research indicates that it�s okay to consume this food as long as it�s in small amounts. That�s what I think; that just about everything is permissible as long as it�s consumed in moderation. Too much of anything is bad for you, but a little bit of it won�t cause any serious harm.

So.

All that to say that I will not stop eating potato chips completely; I�ll just eat a handful now and again. I will not quit eating donuts; I�ll eat one once in awhile. I will not give up my favourite chocolate bar; I�ll eat a piece or two at a time, infrequently. I won�t stop eating ice cream; I�ll enjoy a small amount periodically. And I will not give up cheesecake forever; I�ll share a piece with my husband from time to time. I will not deprive myself of anything, no matter what the studies tell me.

I�m going to eat and drink whatever I like � in moderation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment