Monday 17 May 2010

How About Some Herbs?

It would make sense that someone who enjoys homemade food as much as I do would add herbs to the garden. And so I did.

Here�s what I got:

1) Rosemary


I like rosemary because it�s not only a wonderful seasoning but it�s also a pretty plant. Even if I didn�t use rosemary in my cooking, I�d still want to grow it.


2) Dill


I�ve known about the lovely taste and aroma of dill since I was a child because my mother uses it in some of her meals. I now use it in some of my own recipes.


3) Parsley


I go through a lot of this popular herb, so it makes sense to grow my own.


4) Mint


I love the wonderful aroma and unique taste of this widely-known herb.


5) Oregano


My kitchen is never without oregano; not a week goes by that I don�t use it.


6) Basil


I don�t use basil as often as some of the other herbs, but I love the scent, and it reminds me of my father who simply adored it.


With the exception of oregano and mint that are planted in the ground because they�re supposed to be winter hardy, the rest of the herbs are in clay pots on the deck. I hardly have any experience growing herbs, so it should prove to be interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment