Saturday 8 May 2010

More New Additions To The Garden

Feels like only yesterday I wrote about new plants for the garden, doesn�t it? That�s because it was...you poor souls...

Well, inconsiderate of your feelings as I am, here we go again...

1) Cosmos atrosanguines


Or is it atrosanguineus? And do I really care all that much? Nope. What I do care about is what a lovely plant this is. And this didn�t cost me anything; my warm, generous and wonderful friend Joy shared some of these with me. Because they�re not winter hardy, I potted them up in a container, which I placed near the deck.


2) Dicentra spectabilis �Alba�



Apparently, this is one of the most popular garden plants. Who knew? All I know is that is was so appealing at the garden center, I just couldn�t resist picking one up to add to the right side of the house. The pretty white flowers will be displayed on tall, arching stems from May to June.


3) Astilbe �Montgomery�



This lovely plant will produce scarlet-red flowers in large, plume-like arrangements � or so the tag tells me. But even without flowers, I like the lacy, green leaves. I picked up one and planted it on the right side of the house like the Dicentra above.


4) Trollius chinensis �Golden Queen�


Another popular perennial that I couldn�t resist for its lovely foliage and its pretty yellow flowers. I purchased two and planted them on the right side of the house.


5) Aquilegia alpine


Last week, I spotted some gorgeous columbines at a garden center near my home. But the price was more than I was willing to pay, so I left them behind. But lady luck was on my side a couple of days ago when I ran across a smaller-sized version of this lovely plant with a much more affordable price tag. So I scooped a couple up and took them home with me (of course, I paid for them first!). I planted them on the right side of the house.


6) Polemonium boreale �Heavenly Habit�


As if the right side of the house didn�t have enough purple flowers, I went ahead and picked up more; two more to be exact. I look forward to seeing the blooms on this lovely plant, which are on display from June to August.


7) Hydrangea macrophylla 'Nikko Blue'


I never thought I�d like Hydrangeas in the garden but it seems I do. I picked up this pretty plant because of the size it will become and because of its pretty flowers. I planted it on the side of the house that is slowly filling up.


Those are all the new plants for this post. The right side of the house to date:


It looks much better than it did just a couple of weeks ago. The plants are still too small to make much of an impact yet, but they�ll grow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment