Tuesday 4 May 2010

More New Perennials For The Garden

Will the flower madness ever stop? Perhaps. But not until I run out of gardening space. Until then, there are plants out there with my name on them!

Here�s the latest:

1) Echinacea purpurea


You can never have too many coneflowers, especially purple ones. I only picked up one of these for now (mainly because I didn�t have the area I want to put them in ready), but I definitely plan to go back for more. I planted this one under my kitchen window.


2) Platycodon grandiflorus �Fuji Blue�


Sometime during the summer, I should be expecting large, balloon-shaped flowers from this lovely perennial. I only brought home one, which I planted under my kitchen window, but I have a feeling I�ll be getting some more.


3) Echinacea purpurea �Magnus�


Here�s another type of coneflower that I couldn�t leave behind. It will produce purple-pink flowers in summer, which I really look forward to. I purchased two of this type and planted both of them under my kitchen window.


4) Lilium �Casa Blanca�


Not too long ago, my friend Joy brought me some bulbs for these stunning lilies. I planted them just a couple of days ago, and I look forward to seeing them bloom. Seven bulbs were added to the side of the house, which is really empty (for now), and two under my kitchen window, which is almost full.


5) Asclepias tuberosa


A gardener�s favourite, butterfly weed is the primary source of food for the both the adult and juvenile Monarch Butterfly. I planted a couple of these under my kitchen window, so I can enjoy the butterflies dancing around it later this summer.

6) Dicentra spectabilis

Commonly-known as �Old-fashioned Bleedingheart�, this lovely plant was given to me by my friend Joy from her garden. I planted it under the kitchen window in a spot where it will receive some sun, but not too much. It�s just a baby; but it will grow.



So that wraps up today�s list of newbies in the garden.

I�ll be back...
[Make sure to say this with Arnold Schwarzenegger�s terminator voice.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment