Tuesday 4 May 2010

White Rice With Vegetables

I love rice, be it plain or with extra ingredients added to it, like vegetables.

The recipe below is one of my favourites for rice. I usually make a big batch of it and serve it more than once in the week. I discovered it at this link: http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/lowcalorie/lowcal73.html


White Rice With Vegetables

1-1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cups long-grain white rice
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup bell peppers, chopped
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed (I add half peas/half corn)
1 tablespoon parsley

In a saucepan, heat broth to boiling. Stir in rice, and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in bell peppers and onions; return to boiling.


Cover and simmer about 15 minutes more or till rice is tender. Stir in peas and parsley; heat through.


Makes 5 servings.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment