Thursday 6 May 2010

More Plants For The Garden

Alright, so I�ve been going a little nuts lately, trying to fill in all the empty flower beds. But if you could see how many sections around my home need some greenery, you would understand. Take the right side of the house, for example, which has been completely void of any living green since last summer. It was really sad to look at, therefore last week I decided it�s time to start working on it. And I did, with the following new additions:


1) Echinacea purpurea


I told you I�d go back and get some more of these pretty flowers. I�ve said it before and I�ll say it again: �You can never have too many coneflowers� So I picked up 6 more of these and planted them on the right side of the house.


2) Salvia � sylvestris 'Blue Queen'


This lovely perennial, which is attractive to hummingbirds and butterflies, promises beautiful spikes of violet-blue flowers, so I picked up five of them and planted them in a row.


3) Monarda �Petite Delight�


Can a garden be without Bee Balm? No way. This butterfly and bee magnet will show off beautiful lavender-pink flowers in the summer, which I look forward to. I added four of these to the right side.


4) Euphorbia polychroma


I just couldn�t resist this lovely plant with its bright, golden-yellow flowers. I picked up three of them.


5) Penstemon digitalis �Husker Red�


This plant with its deep maroon foliage is attractive to butterflies, easy to grow and drought tolerant. What more can you ask for? I added two of these to the right side of the house.


6) Astilbe �Glut�


I picked these up a long time ago and finally planted two of them a few days ago on the side of the house. I�m curious to see how they�ll fare. The red flowers look very appealing. There�s nothing to see yet; the stick signifies where the plant will grow from.


Okay, so that�s it for now. There are many more plants to write about, which I�ll get to at some point. I�ll finish this post with a view of what the right side of the house looks like now that there are some plants in it.



Still needs a lot of work!]

0 comments:

Post a Comment