Saturday 9 April 2016

Remembering My Brother

Who died five years ago on April 09, 2011  at the age of 47. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him. Thankfully time has helped heal the wound that was once so deep and so raw and so painful I could barely stand it.

Always on my mind, forever in my heart.

As the years go by, I've gotten used to a new normal even though I've never stopped wishing things could have been different. Most importantly, I have reached a point in my life where I've accepted that the questions that once threatened to suffocate me  will never be answered. That there is truly no way I could have prevented his death. And so the pain has subsided with the passage of time even though the ache remains. But an ache that I can live with.

One thing that will never change is my determination to keep his memory alive for as long as I live. And so today I remember my beloved brother, Steve, who left us much too early. The world became a sadder place when he left it. But I am forever grateful to have been given the time I had with him. It was an honour and a blessing.

Perhaps we'll meet again one day...

0 comments:

Post a Comment