Tuesday 31 May 2016


As I was driving around Denver on errands yesterday, I noticed that the Tall Bearded iris--which are always good--were uncommonly lush and happy this year with all the rains and the long season. So I took a few pictures. And I realized they might be fun to string together for this blog. I love Denver for many reasons, iris are surely one of them. I would love to take a day or two off--I could compile hundreds of pictures like this--each one different. Denverites are a special breed, and I am fiercely in love with this crazy, windy Queen City of the Plains (not to mention the Rockies!)...

Isn't this a grand way to line your street?

How about this captivating Halloween combo?

A closer view: black iris rock!

Or how about white iris against a black fence? Pretty cool, no?

White iris are very popular...

I hope this lady doesn't read my blog: but I love the Saguaro and the robust iris clumps.

There were many long drifts of gorgeous, fragrant pallida everywhere--this was not unique!

And there has to be the rebel who plants a Siberian!

The backlighting in late afternoon is my favorite feature of these plants!

Everyone seemed to be out in the garden yesterday--Memorial day.

It was raining: thought I could take a picture through the window...Ha! This was a grea vignette. Let's just pretend I'm an impressionist!

I was at a stoplight and caught this Denverite gardening...

He looks very cotemplative and pleased. I would be too!

And there are plenty at my house too--to end the short trip. Perhaps I'll take a day off in the next week and do this neighborhood photography thing. I did notice a car following me at one point--probably thinking I was casing out houses to rob. I only steal images and take away memories and a great sense of gratitude to live in a town full of iris lovers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment