Friday 24 June 2016

Atonement

I spent yesterday morning making carrot soup for my daughter who is arriving this afternoon from Ottawa for a visit for the weekend. It's a little warm for soup but it's one of her favourite things and I was trying to make up for a blunder I made earlier this week.

On Tuesday morning I sent out a text message to both my daughters that went something like this:

ME: So we watched Game of Thrones episode 9 last night. XXXXXXXXXX...yuss!!!"

(The part with the x's wrote key information about the ending of the episode. I'm not writing it here because I don't want to spoil it for fans of this show that haven't seen it yet.)

DAUGHTER (in Ottawa): MOM I HADN'T SEEN IT YET 

ME: Oh no...sorry

Tick tock. Guilt. Tick tock. More guilt. A few minutes later...

ME: I feel bad now. Can I make you carrot soup?

Much later...

DAUGHTER: That seems fair

And that's the story of homemade carrot soup. To atone for my sin of giving away the most important part of that episode. Small price to pay if you ask me. She could've worked the guilt trip a little bit and gotten a better deal.

Are you a fan of Game of Thrones? And did you watch episode 9 this past weekend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment