Wednesday 5 October 2016

Painting

The past couple of weeks have been busy. Mostly cooking type busy. I've prepared some old recipes and tried some new ones like the most delicious lemon bread in the history of delicious lemon breads and the most amazing brownies in the history of amazing brownies. And because it's autumn season, which means apple season, lots of applesauce and apple butter; two things that you should never buy store bought because they're ridiculously easy to make. Not to mention much healthier and tastier when homemade.

Yesterday I put down the wooden spoon and picked up a paint brush. I'm back to painting again. Not walls but furniture. This week's project includes two natural/maple-coloured nightstands (yawn) that are going to be sporting a bold yellowish shade (English Daisy by Behr) by tomorrow morning. Once that's done, I'm going to tackle a rocking chair, two bookcases and an office storage cabinet. All of them will get a colourful facelift. Then we'll see after that.



I love taking old stuff and giving it a brand new look. And pops of colour. The way IKEA (the best store in the history of best stores) does with some of its products. Painting is a wonderfully affordable way of getting new furniture into your home without actually buying anything. And because too much wood in the house makes me nuts, painting it away on some pieces will solve that problem. My preference in home d�cor is minimalistic, youthful, bright, bold and sleek. So something like this really appeals to me:

(source)

The most amazing man in the world, on the other hand, would have no problem at all with something like this:

(source)
I swear I would suffocate in a room like that. Even lose my mind. Much too dark and heavy.

How do two people with such differing tastes get along? Well, the most amazing man in the world doesn't really care. It's just not that important to him. And if painting something colourful and bright makes me happy, that's great. He even helps me choose punchy shades for my projects. He's amazing for so many reasons.

Have you been tackling any projects lately? Do you like painting (aside from preparation and cleanup, which totally sucks)?

0 comments:

Post a Comment