Monday 8 February 2010

Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

Okay, so is everybody here?

�Yup�

Now, listen up folks because I have some incredible news about Bailey. Are you ready?

�Get on with it already. Sheesh.�

Alrighty. Well, I was doing some research on ferrets the other day, basically trying to prepare a post for the next ferrety Friday, which is one about male versus female ferrets, whether one is a better choice than the other, how you can tell the difference between them, the importance of spaying and neutering, etc, etc, etc. And guess what?

�What?!�

Well, you have to guess.

"Fine. Is Bailey pregnant?"

[Chuckle...giggle�snicker...cough...] Um. No.

"Bailey is in heat?"

[Chuckle...giggle�snicker...cough...] Nope.

�Oh come on, water roots lady, just get to the point already, would you?�

Alright, alright. I discovered...drum roll please...that our little Bailey is a BOY, NOT A GIRL!

�GASP!�

That was pretty much my reaction!

�But how did this happen? Didn�t they tell you that your ferret was a female at the pet store�

They sure did.

�So what happened?�

Well, there were a couple of young girls working that day and, from what I gathered, they didn�t seem entirely sure about whether Bailey was male or female. They must have taken a guess and gotten it wrong. Hmmm...come to think of it, there were a lot of things about ferrets they didn�t seem too sure about.�

�But you didn�t think to check?�

[shrug] I believed them when they told me Bailey is a female.

�Are you sure that Bailey is male?�

Oh, yeah. I�m sure

�Poor Bailey. What has this done to her...oops...his self esteem?�

Well, she...I mean he seems fine. And he�s dook-dooking as much as always, so I guess it hasn�t been an issue.

�Could you be wrong?�

I don�t think so. A visit to the vet in the near future will say for sure, but I�m pretty confident that Bailey is a boy.

�Damn�

Yeah.

Hey, Bailey, have anything to say?


Don�t push it, Bailey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment