Wednesday 10 March 2010

Getting Ready For My Feathered Friends

The weather was absolutely stunning this past Saturday, so hubby and I took advantage and did some work outdoors. While he concentrated on his handyman jobs, I spent the time setting up my new (and some of the old) feeders to welcome the birds that will soon be returning to my city.

I put up the new finch feeder (can�t wait to see the goldfinches again!):


The new all-purpose feeder:


An old all-purpose feeder:


A suet basket:


The peanut feeder (I�m trying to convince myself that it�s not for the squirrels):


A small plastic container for shelled peanuts (again, it is not for the squirrels):


A basket that I fill with bread (terrific way to use up baked goods):


And a couple of bird baths that the birds also drink from:



I even put out some water at ground level for Mr. Inski who should be surfacing any day now (as soon as he does, I�ll put out some food for him):


I�ll have to wait a little longer (at least until April kicks in) before I can put out the large birdbath that I have stored in the shed; by then the weather will be considerably warmer. It�ll be nice to once again watch the bigger birds bathing in it. Perhaps the mourning doves will gather around there again this year and I�ll be forced to create an amusing post. Forced. Because I don�t enjoy being silly. Not me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment