Wednesday 27 April 2016

Cell Phones

Up until last February, I had a basic cell phone with limited capabilities. You couldn't even really text with it; that was a struggle. It was so outdated that people were really curious about it; they'd never seen that style before or they hadn't seen it in...like...forever.

Then my daughter upgraded to a new phone and new plan and I offered her some money for her old one. And I became a smartphone owner; part of the modern world, albeit slightly outdated.

Even so, I still barely if ever use this new gadget and only a handful of people have the number, mostly family and a couple of close friends. I don't even have a data plan on it; I pay as I go (only 10.00 a month!) and use free Wi-Fi when I'm outside of the home.

Something to make you smile!

I admit that having this phone is certainly handy for texting my brother and two daughters, especially the one that's away for university, but even that only happens occasionally. I'm determined not to get caught up in this cell phone addiction that seems to be plaguing humanity. There is a beautiful world out there and I don't want to lost sight of it!

What about you? Do you have a cell phone? Do you text a lot? Are you addicted to your phone?

0 comments:

Post a Comment